Play Therapy Skills
Develop play therapy skills for use in the workplace or as a foundation for further study.
- Accredited training with one-to-one tutor support.
- Study at home in your own time.
- Short 4 module course with a strong practical focus – approx 28 hours of study.
- Ideal for counsellors, teachers, classroom assistants, parents and others working with children.
- Accredited CPD certificate, recognised by employers and a useful addition to your CV.
- Access your online course through our new online interface as well as PDFs delivered directly to your inbox that you can save to your computer abd print off.
- Good foundation for further study.
Enrol via secure card payment:
Or enrol via Paypal:
The course shows students how to communicate with children effectively through play, and also shows how play can be a means of teaching children essential personal and social skills. The course also includes a clear outline of the theory of play and play therapy, as well as many practical suggestions on how play therapy can be used in different settings.
With distance learning, you can develop new work skills in just three hours a week!
There are no set class times, so you can fit study into your life in a way that suits you. You’ll benefit from one-to-one support from an expert personal tutor who you can contact by email or telephone at any time.
- CPD Certificate in Play Therapy Skills
Spread your payments
- Deposit £55
- Plus 4 x £53.75.*
Pay in full now
- Inc. free textbook.
- Supplied in a sturdy A4 Folder.
Complete your course online
- Begin within 2 hours.
- Delivered by E-Mail.
Pay by Paypal
Pay for your course via Paypal
- Choose online or postal option.
- Quicker checkout.
* When you enrol by instalments you will only be charged the £55 deposit when you enrol. We’ll send a Standing Order form that you can complete to pay your remaining instalments. If you prefer to pay the deposit and instalments by standing order, you can download and complete a form here. We’ll send out your first batch of course material as soon as we receive your first payment.
You can also enrol by telephone or we can invoice your workplace – please call an adviser on 01896 860661 for more information or chat to an adviser online now.
Online Study Option Available
This course is also available online. Our online courses are delivered as pdfs direct to your email inbox. Our online courses are exactly the same as the postal version, but include a range of supporting study material instead of textbooks. You can now also access your course material via our new online interface.
Module One: The Importance of Play Therapy. Explore definitions of play; understand the role of play in learning and development; explore the role of play in early education; explore the value of play therapy.
Module Two: Preparing for Play Therapy. Explore some key aspects of child development; learn how to plan a play therapy room; explore safety issues in play therapy.
Module Three: Play Therapy in Practice. Explore some key play therapy techniques and approaches; connecting to the child; explore the development of emotional awareness; consider the main boundaries in play therapy.
Module Four: The Origins of Play Therapy. Explore the historical background to play therapy; learn about some of key theories in the development of play therapy; learn about the importance of self-awareness for the play therapist.
Why Choose Us?
Our tutorial support is second-to-none. You’ll be assigned a personal tutor as soon as you enrol who will work with you all the way through. You can contact your tutor directly at any time if you have any questions or problems, or if you would just like a chat about how the course is going. Tutorial support is by e-mail and/or telephone.
Borders Connect is one of the UK’s leading distance learning providers. All of our home study courses include study material, which is sent out in an attractive, hardwearing folder, essential course books and full tutorial support. We are accredited by the Open and Distance Learning Quality Council, registered with the Online Learning Council, and listed on the National Register of Learning Providers.